IT and Network Consultant
|February 12, 2013 - July 31, 2013|
|Salary Range:||Based on experience|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
PCS Mobile is a value-added solutions provider focused on mobility applications for voice, video and data for the past 19 years. PCS Mobile not only offers products that support mobility (such as rugged computers, VPN solutions, in-car video, wireless systems, mobile radio and more...) but installation and implementation services to ensure clients receive a complete solutions package. The corporate office is centrally located within Denver, CO but PCS Mobile offers a national footprint with several strategically located branch offices and a full-coverage sales team.
PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO THE NATURE OF OUR WORK, AN IN DEPTH DRUG SCREENING AND BACKGROUND CHECK WILL BE PERFORMED, APPLICANTS MUST HAVE CLEAR RECORDS.
This position is accountable for producing the following results:
- Assist in the acquisition of customers through technical sales and support. This includes supporting the sales/marketing team in a timely and effective manner.
- Retain and support current branch customers.
- Responsible for optimizing profitability for the company/branch through the implementation of branch and service delivery systems.
- Ensure that quality and timely services are generated to meet the customer's expectations.
- IT related project consulting work
- Panasonic Arbitrator Video System
- Netmotion Mobile VPN
- Gemalto Advanced Authentication
- Microsoft Windows Server OS
- Ms SQL Server
- Storage Management
- 802.11 Wireless Networks
- Firewall, router and Switching
- Maintain and meet service schedule requirements
- Support service staff in their goals and training
- Participate in appropriate training events/sessions to expand your professional scope and capabilities
- Assist Branch Manager in the coordination between sales and service staff
- Produce service coordination reports
- Coordinate/Manage service resources for internal work if requestted by the Branch Manager or Branch IT Associate
- Monitor and provide feedback to appropriate Solutions Manager on success of branch service delivery systems
- Coordinate technical staff, subcontractors and temporary employees to fulfill general service promises/requirements
- Execute branch service delivery systems
- Do any work in related area
- Participate in business process development as requested by their Manager
- Offer support and aid in development of corporate presentations that require technical expertise
- Additional duties as requested and assigned
2 year technical degree, minimum
4 years of college, preferred.
Bachelors degree, engineering or engineering technology, preferred
2 - 6 years Consulting/Experience
Excellent Customer Service Interface.
Supervision of technical staff.
Project management skills preferred.
Computer break/fix experience required.
Understanding of IP networks & addressing Required.
Familiar with server hardware Required.
Familiar with wireless networks.
Familiar with Storage Systems.
Familiar with 802.11 abgn.
Mobile electronics installation experience preferred.
Certifications helpful, but not required
Comptia Network +
| || |
Employee who can:
Process relatively complex information.
Communicate more complex aspects of their routine work.
Can easily analyze and interpret complex verbal information.
Utilize routine numerical information in their work and occasionally perform more complex calculations.
Can base their decisions on numerical data and effectively communicate this data.
| || |
An employee who is:
Active and able to focus in a time crunch and work at a fast pace
Moderately social, encouraged by the opportunity to work in a team
Responds well to a structured environment and willing to accept leadership of others.
Relatively trusting and accepting of change
Able to make decisions at an even pace and maintain effective time management skills.
Can accommodate needs of customers and coworkers, yet be able to take a personal position different than the group.
Moderately independent, yet open to supervision and structure.
Most successful when provided with ample information to make objective decisions yet capable of relying on intuition when necessary.
| || |
For this position we desire a person with occupational interests in the following areas:
Are you highly motivated by a position that offers the opportunity to help others or provide some facilitative service?
Are you who are motivated by competition, yet also possess less entrepreneurial interests?
Are you motivated by administrative duties, making budgets and processing numerical information, yet also possess other interests?